HEX TO DECIMAL
Best hex to decimal converter offers you accurate and fast conversion online. Just input hex value in the text area and click "Convert to Decimal" to get instant & accurate results.
The number systems carry great importance for the programmers and designers who need to pass instructions to digital devices and computers. These devices can only take instructions in the binary number system, which has base 2. But due to the inability of humans to comprehend a binary number system, because the commands in it are written only in 0 and 1, other number systems like hex and decimal are also widely used to make encoding and decoding processes facile for programmers.
Hexadecimal or base 16 number system consists of 16 digits, including integers from 0 to 9 representing the first ten values and alphabets A to F representing the remaining six values. On the other hand, the decimal number system has base 10 and consists of ten integers ranging from 0 to 9. In computing and mathematics, we often have to convert values from one number system to another to get the desired code. Similarly, a manual hexadecimal conversion could be a tough path as it needs more concentration and more effort.
So, hex to dec is also a popular conversion, but it involves a lot of complexities and requires an ample amount of time to get accurate results. But, there is no need to worry as searchenginereports.net is providing a hex to decimal converter tool that eliminates all intricacies of manual conversion. It gives the best and accurate hexadecimal conversion in a couple of seconds.
The hexadecimal to decimal converter is an online utility that allows you to convert hex to dec. There are several reasons due to which you should use this converter instead of relying on manual conversion. Some of them are:
The manual conversion cannot match the speed of a hex to decimal calculator as it completes the conversion in a matter of seconds. In manual conversion, you’ll have to go through each step, and this will waste your time. But this converter will make your life easier by saving you a lot of time.
Hex to decimal converter provides 100% accurate results. While converting any value from hex to dec manually, there is always a chance of miscalculation. Due to the intricate steps of this conversion, it isn’t easy to obtain precise outcomes; hence, using hexadecimal to decimal converter is the easy way out for everyone.
The manual conversion of hex to dec isn’t a piece of cake for everyone. This conversion isn’t as easy to execute as other number systems’ conversions. You can follow the steps mentioned below to find out the decimal value for your hex code manually:
- The first step is to learn or write down the table of converted hexadecimal to decimal values. The 16 characters of hexadecimal (0-9 and A-F) are converted in decimal values from 0 to 15. For instance, if we are converting A2 hex code to decimal, then it’s mandatory to know the converted values of both characters.
- The next step is to raise the power of base value 16 to 0 for the rightmost digit of the hex code. The power will rise by 1 for each next left digit of the hex code. While continuing with the same example, the rightmost value is 2, so the power of 16 will be raised to 0, and power of 16 will be raised to 1 for the next digit “A.”
- After raising the powers, you’ll have to multiply the outcome with the converted decimal value for each character. The converted value for 2 is 2; therefore, it will be multiplied by (16^0). Similarly, the converted value for A is 10; so, it will be multiplied with (16^1).
- As a result, you will get two results (in this case) that are supposed to be added to get the exact decimal value.
- 2 x (16^0) = 2
10 x (16^1) = 160A216 = 160 + 2 = 16210. That’s the final decimal value for hex code A2.
You can see that a simple shortcode can end up consuming a lot of time in manual conversion. The manual process is tiring and boring, and when it comes to the conversion of long codes, then the job becomes even more difficult. However, the solution to this problem is right in front of you, i.e., hex to decimal calculator of searchenginereports.net. If you simply write down “A2'' in this web-based tool, the tool will show the exact result, 162, in a second. You can compare how much energy you wasted on manual conversion for getting the same answer.
By following the quick three steps, you’ll be able to convert your hex values to decimal with our super-fast and efficient hexadecimal to decimal converter. Have a look at them below:
- The second step is to enter your hex values in the box provided.
- Finally, you have to press the “Convert to Decimal” button that is present below the box.
- The decimal values will be displayed on your screen as soon as you hit the convert button.
The developers have designed this hexadecimal to decimal converter to make this conversion error-free and quick for everyone. As you will enter the hexadecimal values in this tool, this converter will make it go through a step by step process. You don’t have to worry about waiting long for the conversion to take place as this converter completes this procedure instantly. The automated algorithms of this tool complete the whole process without wasting a single second.
The internet is flooded with tools like these converters, but the problem can arise in deciding which one is the most trustworthy and capable of providing what you want. The online converter on searchenginereports.net is the best one you can find due to several reasons. Let’s have a look at some of them:
The biggest benefit provided by our converter to all of its users is its no restriction policy. Any user can access this tool at any time of the day and conduct as many conversions as they want.
Our hex to dec converter contains a swap button. It means by clicking on the Swap button you can make a quick conversion from decimal to hex quickly.
Since it’s an online tool, you will not face any compatibility issues, and there is no need to find any specific device for using it. This converter can be accessed from any web browser, and the only thing that you need is an internet connection.
You don’t have to put in your personal details for getting yourself registered on this website. This tool can be accessed and used without going through troublesome registration procedures.