Keyword Difficulty Checker
Find how difficult it can be to rank with a particular keyword by adding it in the text field that says, “Enter only one Keyword,” after that press the button “Check Keyword Difficulty.”
Several people have reason to find keyword competition or difficulty in the course of doing their jobs – the content writer, the blogger, the website administrator, the SEO professional, etcetera; the overriding goal being to implement an SEO strategy!
The first step you take in implementing such a strategy is to find keyword competition for any of several keywords you consider integral to the purpose of the website for which you will be implementing the strategy. If you do the SEO strategy right, the site will rank high enough to appear in the first page (or first few pages) of the search results of any search engine’s lookup of the keywords you have chosen for the site to compete for. This way, the website is able to attract high-quality traffic which will more likely convert into leads and customers.
Keyword Competition or difficulty is that single figure or rating computed by an online keyword tool free and assigned to a keyword an SEO professional is researching. The difficulty score reflects the extent to which it becomes difficult for any website to compete against other sites using the same keyword (s) in search engine rankings.
In the days of yore, researching keyword competition was a hassle and was hardly accurate. Today, there are a host of several online keyword competition difficulty tools that are free to use. The difficulty score research is now very easy!
Remember: The higher the keyword competition is, the harder it is to compete for that keyword in search engines.
Search engines are marketspaces! And yes, you heard that right! The dominant search engine, Google, has 90% of all searches carried out on earth! Going by available statistics, 5.6 billion searches are conducted inside the Google search engine every day! That's several millions of real people looking for a product or a service! That's mind-blowing!
This is the reason the keyword competition checks are very important. The aim is to attract high-quality traffic to a website and convert as many of them as is possible, first, into leads; and then as many leads as is possible to customers.
Forward-looking individuals and corporate organizations invest time and resources in creating and implementing SEO strategies; usually starting with keyword difficulty research. Understand though, that you need to have some background knowledge of the website’s subject matter for you to be a competent SEO professional for it. That knowledge will help you in choosing the right keywords to research, which could be high volume keywords in the website’s subject domain or even the keywords currently being used by the competition.
While there are several types of keywords an SEO professional can use in keyword research; most professionals agree that long tail keywords are the best to use in implementing an SEO strategy. Long tail keywords are low competition keywords that are an agglomeration of two or more keywords being researched. SEO professionals use long tail keywords to target specific demographics as opposed to a mass audience. Long tail keywords are specific, and not as competitive as general keywords,, and allow a website to feature high in search engine rankings.
There are several Keyword Difficulty Checker tools available online. A lot of these keyword competition tools are free to use. The bulk of them also function as google keyword rank checker tools.
At SER, we offer a free SEO keyword tool that you can access online.
You can use our freely available online best keyword tool by taking the following steps:
1. Document all the keywords you want to search for in a word processor.
2. Open up your Internet browser and navigate to https://searchenginereports.net/keyword-difficulty-checker. A text area, marked by “Enter Keywords”, where you can input your keywords will load in your browser.
3. Copy the keywords you want to search for from the word processor into the “Enter Keywords” text area indicated on your device or computer screen.
4. After copying the keywords into the text area on your screen, click on the blue “Check keyword Difficulty” button.
5. In a few seconds, the result of the search will show in a table; with one column listing out the keywords and another column showing the Keyword Difficulty.
Usually, most online difficulty keyword checker tools will report a Keyword Difficulty result from 0 to 100. Here's how to interpret your results:
- A score of 80 - 100 is very high. Such words are highly competitive, and you would need to be “several things” able to compete for them - have more external links to your website pages, be an authority in your knowledge domain, have very relevant content on your website and have a high level of user engagement.
- A difficulty score of 66 - 80 is highly difficult.
- A score of 51 - 65 is moderately difficult.
- A score of 36 - 50 is somewhat difficult.
- A difficulty score of 20 - 35 is low and should be easy to achieve.
- A score below 20 is very low.
The Difficulty score checker is a predictive tool: it predicts “how hard” it will be for the average website to rank for those keywords. In reality, lots of caveats come into play. Say, for instance, your website is powerful and important; having tons of backlinks and other attributes that make for strong ranking signals, your website would easily rank for keywords with high difficulty scores. Also, the converse holds true. If you try to rank your site outside of its areas of relevance (domain knowledge), expect that it would be much harder to rank high, even if the keyword scores appear to be achievable.
THE BOTTOM LINE
So, good SEO strategy begins with identifying keywords and then researching those keywords’ difficulties using keyword checker tools. We allow you to check not just the difficulty score for your keywords but also provide you other tools like Indexed Page Checker, Keyword Research Tool, and Paid Keyword Finder, all these tools are available for free to enhance your SEO efforts.