Perform SSL Test and Check SSL Certificate Installation Status Online with our SSL checker tool now. Paste the URL in the field and tap the "Check SSL" button.
An SSL (Secure Sockets Layers) is a certificate offered by many companies today and is used to secure your connection to the website. An SSL certificate can be used to protect your login credentials, transactions, to remove the not secure flag that we sometimes see in Google Chrome, and also helps in meeting one of the conditions of SEO as well.
If you have a website that requires logins to post, chat, read, etc. it is essential to have one of the SSL certificates. The login information needs to be protected, and that can only be done if you have a secure sockets layer encrypting the data before sending it to the server.
There are basically three types of SSL certificates with different levels of security.
- Domain Validation Certificate (DV)
- Organization Validation Certificate (OV)
- Extended Validation Certificate (EV)
If you aren’t sure that your SSL certificate is adequately installed then use our SSL checker tool to test SSL certificate installation.
Before owning a certificate, you need to understand why are they required and which type of them will make your website safer to visit.
- Domain Validation CertificateAs the name implies are certificates used to check if the domain is registered in the domain name registry. These types of certificates are used where security is not a concern because you cannot find out about the organizational data for this certificate. The certification authority will check for confirmation against the information present in the WHOIS record. Tip : No doubt it is the cheapest certificate on the internet but would you risk the future of your online business for just a few bucks?
- Organizational Validation CertificateThis is the SSL certificate you might want to have because it offers more trust. Though these open SSL certificates require a little more effort when it comes to validation with CA (Certification Authority). The DV certificates only required a domain name; this validation requires additional data like contact information of the company such as name and address. In OV certificates the name of the firm can be seen on them which is enough to let visitors build trust for your site. This appearance of name assures them that the company running this website is legit. These types of certificates are owned by companies, governments and other corporations that need to provide security to their visitors.
- Extended Validation CertificateThese are the types of certificates every real business should have, and you can call them the highest standard certificates because of the security and trust they have to offer. Also, to acquire an EV certificate the company has to go under a lengthy examination process. This certification requires more information/documentation from the company than the other two types. The EV certificate provides a better level of assurance if compared to OV (which displays company name on the certificate) because it turns the address bar green in most of today’s browsers with extra information about the company.
SSL certification protects your site from getting impersonated which is why it is vital to have a secure HTTP(HTTPS). Also, if your website is accepting credit card and other sensitive information then extended validated certificate is the best option for you.
To find out which certificate your site or any website is running right now or to test SSL certification, follow these effortless steps on our online SSL Checker.
- When you have opened the page of SSL checker, you will find a field that has the title “Enter Domain.” This is where you will be writing the domain name of your website followed by HTTP or HTTPS like in the below-given example. Press "Check SSL" and instantly our tool will display the results to check SSL.
- As you can see the results in the below image provided by our SSL checker, you will be able to learn about the type of server, who is the issuer of the certificate and even about the expiration date. Also, you will learn about the servers that are hosting your website, which includes the issuer name and its validity.
Most of us, in the beginning, used to think that maybe HTTPS is not secure and thus saves our personal data. But that isn’t the case if you have noticed today almost all the sites have HTTPS in the address bar. This is because the information you provide here is sent to the servers encrypted, which means there is no way one can find out about your data. This encryption is based on SSL certification, and if you don’t have, then you should get it because it not only adds security but helps in gaining more traffic because people start trusting your business.
If you are thinking that if someone reads your message, the information in the encrypted form then no there is no way one can do that because that someone won’t be able to decipher the encrypted data which is being sent to the server. You need to have a domain validated certificate if your site doesn’t require any level of security. The reason is there are so many phishing sites today, and it is difficult for people to trust, which is also another reason for getting an SSL certificate and if you already have one then why not learn about it with our HTTPS certificate checker.